Existing Member?

My Journey

Amazingly Complicated

SOUTH AFRICA | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [296] | Scholarship Entry

Lost, or rather stuck I should say, we found ourselves in the middle of the life size 3D crated maze at the Plettenberg Bay Puzzle Park in South Africa – Sweaty, exhausted and both too proud to admit defeat.

This was the fourth day of our honeymoon and we were starting to wonder what we had let ourselves in for……..

Its early morning and we find ourselves driving the N2 from Plettenberg Bay on the Garden Route, our destination, the untouched village of Stormsriver. My new husband and I had three very busy days behind us and to be completely honest just didn't feel like doing anything physically draining. Drive, have a bite to eat and maybe stop at the Big Tree before finding accommodation for the night in the small intimate Stormsriver Village.

We were barely out of Plettenberg Bay when we started noticing boards at the side of the road for the Plettenberg Bay Puzzle Park. “Forrest Puzzle Walk” “Coffee and Puzzle Gift Shop” “3D Maze”. It was unanimous, this sounded suitably boring and would make a good edition to our Honeymoon Journal, plus we shouldn’t be longer than half an hour. It was about an hour into the maze that we realised how hugely mistaken we were. The concept was amazing. The object of the 3D Maze was to complete a puzzle as you go, there were four key points each of the corners of the maze, colour coded. Blue, red, green and yellow. Each representing a different aspect of South Africa’s biodiversity. At the entrance a friendly guide handed us a wooden key in the shape of a circle, this would open the boxes at each of the corners in order for us to retrieve the next key. Along with gathering the keys there were also environmental questions at each point, which you would have to answer once you complete the maze. I must admit at one stage we were both ready to surrender, but once we made up our minds, put our heads together and worked as a team the entire experience became much easier and also one to remember. Definitely a good activity for newlyweds wanting to learn more about working together. 3 hours later we walked away, heads held high, warriors in our own right.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About natania

Madame Zingaras - Somehow I fit right in :P

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.