Existing Member?

My trip to South Africa

The day i stepped my foot on South Africa Soil

SOUTH AFRICA | Thursday, 17 April 2014 | Views [176] | Scholarship Entry

It was an amazing experience on my first day in South Africa.
Have always dreamt of travelling out of my country(Nigeria), to experience other cultures and beliefs, as a person who likes to travel to learn about other people and their beliefs, i decided to make a trip to South Africa as i have heard alot about the country been compared to European countries, so i felt it will be wise to have a taste of European in Africa.

On getting to South Africa, everything is so different compared to Nigeria, the weather, and the people. As i previously believed that we do not have winter in Africa as there is in Europe, but i was convinced. During the winter, there was snow fall, it was cold upto -10 centigree which have never experienced in my life.Only then i wondered why its Whites/Blacks country.

I only came to visit, but immediately, i fell in love with the country which made to further my education in the country, and to confirm what i heard about european weather, i decided to take a trip to Paris in France, which have always dreamt of seeing the Eiffel tower which i always see on TV and internet, it was a dream come true to finally see it physically.

And comparing the weather of France to South Africa, it's almost the same, the building structures, the malls, the restaurants, its really an overwhelming experience.

For this experience, had come to confirm that there are some similarity between some African countries and European countries, though i would love to visit more European countries to concrete my evidence.

As i still have European countries which i would like to visit, which some of them are Spain, as i would like to visit the Real Madrid football stadium, because i am Real Madrid fan and it will be a dream come true to tour the city and the stadium.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About mytriptosa


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.