Existing Member?

Moments to Shared

Catching a Moment - Brotherhood Camping, A Moment to Remember

INDONESIA | Thursday, 18 April 2013 | Views [165] | Comments [2] | Scholarship Entry

My friends and I have been friends for more than three years since we met for the very first time as new students in our campus. We got both knowledge and wonderful friendship. We were very close to each other. Too bad, we had to finish our study and graduated one by one. Before we had a final goodbye since we had to pursuit our dream, we had a farewell party. It was a very special party since we held it at a camping site. We named the party ‘Brotherhood camping’.

We went camping in a tea plantation called Wonosari Plantation in Lawang, East Java, Indonesia. It is located on the slopes of Arjuna Mountain. It takes about one hour from Malang to the slopes by motorcycle. We pitched some tents among the tea plantation. The weather was so cold and it was cloudy. That night, even the campfire could not make us warm. Before sleeping, we lit fireworks. Normally, fireworks use to celebrate New Year’s eve. At that time, we lit fireworks to celebrate our new life.

In the morning, we enjoyed seeing the sun rose so beautifully and the cloud was still surrounded the vast tea plantation. At noon, the rain began to fall and not wanting to miss that beautiful moment, we decided to play in the rain. After the rain stopped, we saw rainbow above the tea plantation. The tea leaves smelled so fresh. It was really a rare moment. We had not had this refreshing smell for a long time because we live uptown where trees are getting rare.

Enjoying the beauty of nature like that was the way we spent our last togetherness before facing our new life. We really enjoyed every second we were there together. Brotherhood camping is not about how far we go, it is about a friendship we show. I will cherish that moment and never forget every little thing we had at that time. No, never. Good luck my friends, I hope someday we can reunite.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

Comments

1

That was really a moment to remember. Good luck to you too girl :)

  Ronald Apr 19, 2013 12:28 AM

2

Hi Lee. I also still remember that memories. Unforgetable ya. Keep cont

  Mr. F Apr 19, 2013 12:31 AM

About mytravelstory


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.