Existing Member?

Muimui's Travel Journal

The best Hot Springs I've ever been to...

GUATEMALA | Wednesday, 25 March 2009 | Views [1557] | Comments [1]

Last Sunday I went to this hot springs called "Fuente Georginas" which is about 40 min from Xela with two of my female schoolmates, Jen and Susan.  There is a daily shuttle by a local tour operator which costs Q.50 and then the entrance fee is Q.20 (Total cost is less than US$10).  I LOVE HOT SPRINGS.  This one is sooooo pretty, surrounded by high walls of rocks with tropical vegetation.  There's a big pool where water is fed directly off from the mountain and the closer to the rocks the hotter it is.  It was really hot.  There are some other pools which are a little cooler that are fed off of this big one but I like this big pool the best.  This has to be the best hot springs I've been to!  I went from hot pool, to cold shower, to hot pool again.  Mmmmmmm......so nice!!  On Sunday there are locals as well as the "gringos" (foreigners in Latin America esp ones speaking English).  Its nice to see families with the kids and grandmas all enjoying this.  I actually went back again yesterday afternoon =). Weekday afternoons are definitely less crowded and almost all the the visitors were gringos.  There is a restaurant right by the big pool, and I had hot chocolate and french fries.  If you are ever in Xela, you totally have to check this place out!

Comments

1

Hola Debbie!!
hey !!! how fun i am so happy to know you are close to El Salvador!! well Guatemala is our neighbor! you sound so happy! Joe shared your journal with me hope you don't mind! please if you get a chance go to ES to the beaches there,it's just couple of hours from Guatemala city, you will love it! have fun, be safe and enjoy your stay. Thanks for all you are doing! Gracias mi amiga! miss you!:o)
xoxox,
-leilani

  Leilani Mar 27, 2009 8:49 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.