Existing Member?

Andy's Travel Updates "The real thing is not reaching, the real thing is the journey, the very travelling. If you are too bothered about the goal you will miss the journey, and the journey is life - the goal can only be death."

Preparing for the return journey

DENMARK | Tuesday, 29 July 2014 | Views [301]

The route from last time (South to North in 2010)

The route from last time (South to North in 2010)

I've embarked on the return journey, cycling from Copenhagen to Gibraltar. It's about a 6000km trip through 8 or 9 countries. Here are the main things I'm doing differently this time:

- This route will take me through Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Italy. I will also return to some of the same countries (France, Spain & Denmark) but will generally go through different areas.

- I've packed a little lighter - 40L instead of 56L panniers (11kgs instead of 14kgs). If you are that way inclined my full equipment list is here: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/mrandrewequip

- Unfortunately I'm starting much later in the year so I'm hoping to keep ahead of cold weather - especially in the Alps and Pyrenees.

- I'm on a steel framed 'AWOL'. It is a heavier but more leisurely bike than my Tricross, which I hope will mean I can comfortably do more hours in the saddle.

This time, I'm not intimidated by the ride so I can focus more on enjoying it. For example, last time I saw food primarily as the carbs I needed to get through and enjoying the cuisine was secondary - this time it is the other way round.

About mrandrew

Selfie by the river

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Denmark

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.