Existing Member?

Travel writting scholarship 2011 MY BIG ADVENTURE: EMBARRASSING MOMENT IN THE TICK FOREST IN ISOLATED ISLAND

MY BIG ADVENTURE: EMBARRASSING MOMENT IN THE TICK FOREST IN ISOLATED ISLAND

NIGERIA | Wednesday, 26 January 2011 | Views [629]

Last year when i took my leave, i travelled down to one of the island city in my country.The place is call Obudu island in Ondo state, Nigeria.On this faithful day, the sun was shining brightly. It was a fine Sunday morning when the birds chirping cheerfully, wind blowing lightly, passing through my cheeks. My sister and I planned to go to an isolated island nearby the beach. i was not confident at first as I heard people saying that the island is haunted and dangerous. Those people who went there were to believed went missing.

But my sister did not believed that superstitious rumours so she wanted to prove it herself. I have no choice but to follow her as i did not want to let her go on her own. We went there by taking a boat. It took a few minutes for us to reached there. When we reached there, silents welcomed us.

I was quite scared. My sister enter into the thick forest. I was reluctant to go in at first but after my sister persuaded me, I just follow her. The forest were dark, cold and we can only hear the sound of crickets and birds. We went deeper into the forest.

We did not know what we are looking for. After a few minutes later, we realised that we are lost. I started to panic. All I want to do is to get out from this eerie island as soon as possible. But how am I going to find the exit when the surrounding look the same? I look at my sister. I think sha was also thinking what I am thinking.

Suddenly, we heard it. We heard a loud roar coming from the inner part of the forest. Then, we heard a scream. A sharp piercing scream. I really shivering. I cannot think logically anymore. Then, I felt that my world is spinning around and everything started to be blur and then, everything is black..

When I opened my eyes, I saw strangers around me. I was puzzled. Then I saw my sister sitting at one corner, laughing. I was very confused. Who are this strangers? What they want from us? Then, my sister explained to me that the strangers were making a film in that island. When they heard my sister crying for help, they started to search for them.

So, they brought them back. After hearing that, I started to blushed. I was really embarrassed. I am too paranoid. That is the most embarrassing moment for me...

Tags: trekking on the tick forest

About mosesjel


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nigeria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.