Existing Member?

Hi Mum

Negombo

SRI LANKA | Wednesday, 20 January 2016 | Views [449]

We arrived in Negombo about half 1 so the journey - despite some horrible traffic - wasn't as long as expected. We checked into the hotel - Sahasra - which is quite nice, the bathroom is utter luxury compared to what we're used to but still only three beds. We had lunch - mainly cakes, kate had French onion soup, Amy had a sandwhich and cake - and then spent the afternoon on the beach. I think the beach is beautiful but there are a lot of people trying to sell things that hassle you every minutes.

We bought some snacks from the fake tesco express down the road from the hotel and then spent the evening in our room watching a film.

The next morning we had breakfast in the French cafe on the beach opposite the hotel. It was good until a crow attacked our table. It was swooping and then landed on Katie's chair cawing at us. It then flew above the table and spat on Becki's towel, laughing the whole time. It was stressful and the owner was really upset about it.

We then took a wander down to the beach and spent the morning there. We left for lunch and Katie felt a bit faint so we spent the afternoon in the hotel, showering and preparing for the flight this evening which I am dreading. We're leaving here at 9.30pm and we're due to fly at 01.40 am and then we don't think we'll reach our next hostel - echo beach hostel in koh phangan - until 10 pm. It's going to be hidous.

 

About mm12767


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Sri Lanka

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.