Existing Member?

London and Europe, The entree before the main.

Traveling across the globe....

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 23 June 2015 | Views [114]

Waking up on Friday was a mix of feelings tired, excited, nervous. It was today! Our holiday did start off a bit rough with no hot water and having to travel to Leanne's house to have a shower at 4 am then come back home to finalise everything. Before we knew it we where in the taxi, on the train and at the international airport waiting to check in. Going through customs was interesting. A rather butch lady with a stern look says with a serious face "Any liquids out of the bag then take off your jumper" me thinking what liquids were in my bag (eye drops contacts etc) must had made me look suspicious as I had to go through the full body scan and a bra pat down, lucky me! We are now free, we make our last phone calls and look for last minute magazines etc. We board the plane with much excitement and off we fly to Bangkok. The first part of the flight was ok but towards the end the turbulence was really bad. I had the worst headache I have ever had and I could feel my eyes and skin drying more and more by the second. Great idea wearing contacts Ash. We endure the end of the flight thinking everything would be ok if we just get off the plane stretch our legs and recover in our room ha ha oh what novices we where.

 
We hop off the plane in Bangkok and it's at least 30 degrees! We instantly become sticky with sweat. We have to then find our room which could not have been further away from where we alighted the plane. Then there is one lady at the counter with ridiculous line. We were tired hot aching and the woman wanted our passports as a deposit for our room. Umm really?? No thanks. She asked for a $10 but we only had a $50 so we had our key going to our room wondering if we would ever see that $50 again but really at this point we didn't care. We settled in our room then thought it would be great to find out where our next plane was leaving from, check out the shops and get something to eat. 
 
We looked at the shops but quickly got over this as hangry feelings took over. We bought Burger King which I regreted later then we trekked back to our room to try and get some sleep. Although my comfort level was at 0% I managed to pass out thanks to crohns exhaustion. Jason however could not sleep and decided to aimlessly walk around the airport wired and sweaty. I got woken up by Jason and felt probably the shitest I have ever in my life as we had to get up and prepare for the next flight. 
 
We waited to board forevvveerrrrr then finally got on the plane. First thing that was ordered was a scotch & coke and vodka & coke followed by nurofen for two then the next 4 hours was spent sleeping like logs. The lady next to me seemed to want to watch movies the first half and try and sleep the second which turned out to be bad for her as we had to wake her up 3-4 times to get up and stretch plus go to the loo. 
 
This flight was surprising painless even though it was twice as long as the first leg. I forced myself to sleep another hour then asked for the meals we missed while we where sleeping. Meals on planes are very exciting for some reason. We then amused ourselves with games and movies then before we knew it was ten minutes till London or so we thought. A announcement came over the speakers that we have to wait to land so the next 20 min was spent watching the green flight path do squiggly circles on our screens. We landed very smoothly then thought finally we are free!! 
 
We then find ourselves in a very very long Border Security line. The line was like an optical illusion and was not fun to be in. I would be thinking in my head oh look only 6 more rows to go but 30 min it seems even though we had moved through more rows it always seemed to be 6 more rows. I timed this line and it look one hour to freedom. 
 
We then began our hour long train ride to our final destination Russell Square. We find ourselves a hour and a half early till we can even drop off our bags off. Eager to start exploring but still having our 20 kg bag was very frustrating. We got some sandwiches from Tesco then sat and ate them on the steps of The Brunswick. We looked around then went to check in we put our bags up and the cleaner said she would be finished in half hour. For some reason we thought it would be a good idea to try and explore but we aborted that pretty quickly. We finally got to our room to have a shower then start our adventures in London very tired and worn out.....

About missbob


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.