Existing Member?

Jo's Korean and Other Crazy Adventures Jo is coming back to teach in China for a second year that is sure to be filled with new crazy adventures!

Going to China for Real!

CANADA | Friday, 20 June 2014 | Views [653]

I have to pinch myself to believe it! I left Korea last August (2013) and came back to Canada feeling a bit pissed that I passed up the opportunity to go to China. This past year in Canada has been a bit of a downer because I have been trying to get a full-time job with no luck. I even applied to non-teaching jobs just so I could try to survive in this expensive country. Not much luck at all this past year in relation to work. I hurried to get all my documents in to the local school board to get on the supply list, That opportunity just came up after a year of being here, but I still haven't heard from them for an interview. I had thought a bit about going abroad, but hadn't applied many places thinking it would be good to try to get a job here and get settled.

However, I did apply a few weeks ago to a Canadian company that hires qualified teachers to teach in one of their schools in China. I got an email from the director of one of the schools I had my eye on. After an intense one hour interview, I was not overly confident that I got the position. I knew I was competing with four other people for the position.  Five days later, I get an email saying congrats on getting the position from the director. This brings me to the present moment. 

I have less than two months to get organized and prepared for this new adventure. I will be going to Beijing, China which is a huge dream for me. I do have concerns especially with the pollution and my health. I am happy that this is a very modern and westernized city where they have English speaking hospitals and doctors if needed.

I have made a list of all the things I have to do to prepare before I leave. My mind has been jumbled for the last few days I guess from the shock and surprise of getting the position. I get myself into the craziest situations sometimes! Me in China? :)

Stay tuned for my progress and emotions up until the big leap in seven weeks. I'll also write about my first impressions of the overpopulated and insane place called CHINA. 

Tags: china, dreams

 

About miss_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.