Existing Member?

Miriam Explores

Brillient Bali!!!

INDONESIA | Saturday, 19 September 2009 | Views [495]

After spending the night in a stupidly overpriced room the Canadian girl announced she was going to the airport to get a flight to Singapore!  I think she was a bit whimsicle and didn't really know what she wanted to do... she kept saying she wanted to have some fun but then didn't stick around long enough to actually have any fun!  Anyway, she left and i found some great hotel which costs 6 pounds per night and includes breakfast.  It's perfectly located on Poppies Gang 2 and has a really nice pool and helpful staff.  Perfect - all i needed now was some English speaking people!

I was lying by the pool later on in the day and got chatting to a lovely Brazilian girl who speaks perfect English - we arranged to have dinner that evening :-)  Then, about 4pm i guy started chatting to me who had just finished uni at Exeter - he was with 3 other guys and 2 girls.  They all came over and we were chatting, they then invited me to join them for a night out - things had totally turned around from the previous few days!  I now had a dinner date and a night out planned - woo hoo!

I had a fantastic tea - red thai curry - which cost abou 70 pence with the Brazilian girl and also a German chap who was also staying at our hotel.  After tea i went and got ready to go out - first time i had worn make-up for about 5 weeks!  I had almost forgotten what to do...  At 9pm i sat outside my room filing my nails and kinda waited for the guys and girls to come and get me... i waited for about 30 mins and wondered if they had forgotten about me!  Luckily an Australian guy asked to borrow some scissors and then invited my out with his mates, should the English people didn't show.  Really thoughtful... Anyway, they English people did show up and we had a few beers and played drinking games at the hotel before going to a nice cocktail bar.  It was buy one get one free, so obvioulsy we all had 2 cocktails (which were ultra strong!) and headed to the club over the road.  It was terrible so we left and went to Bounty - the main club over here - which was an experience!  It was so bad we had to have shots of tequila and share a few fishbowls which were horrid but very strong.  On our way out of Bounty we stopped to do karioke - our chosen song was 'eye of the tiger' - don't ask why, we were all very drunk at this point!!

We got a taxi to 'Double Six' which was about 15 mins away as Nick said the club there was amazing.  It was 50,000 to get in but luckily they paid for mine as i was 'a travelling girl'!  :-)  Needless to say, nobody was in the club despite it being about 2am so we went to the bar next door and had another beer... We decided that it was a bad idea to go to the empty club, so literally went in, got our free drink and walked out.  A very bizarre experience... 

We eventually got home about 3:30am all very drunk and tired - so off to sleep we went.  Until... an earthquake happened at about 7:30am!!  Yes, a proper 6.4 Richter scale earthquake!!  It was mad - the hotel guys thought the water tower was going to collapse and everyone ran out of their rooms to see what was happening!  It lasted about 6 or 7 seconds which doesn't sound long, but when your room is shaking it feels like forever.  Such an amazing experience, it was incredible!  I went back to sleep as i felt pretty rough and when i woke up about 10am i thought i had dreamt it all... until i saw my mosquito guard above the windown had fallen out of place and was on my bed.

I spent the day with the guys and girls from England and chilled around the pool and went to the beach - i also booked myself a surf lesson!  The lesson is later today and i'm very excited!  Will let you all know how it goes...

Anyway, I'm loving Bali and the local people are lovely and i just want to stay here forever!  I leave Kuta on Tues to go to Lovina in the North to do my diving course... again, very excited!

Will write soon and i've added some pics to facebook if you want to have a nose.

M xxx

About miriamexplores


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.