Existing Member?

Not only Canada A 10 months trip in North America & amazing walks in my Dolomites

The last big: Montreal

CANADA | Monday, 13 June 2011 | Views [530]

Vieux Port, Montreal

Vieux Port, Montreal

On Thursday 9 June, my sister's birtdhay, I am going to visit the last big city of my east trip: Montreal. I have to give the car back in 6 days but many things must happen yet. I face the busy highway of Montreal at my arrival, and looking for parking is even more difficult. After a while I am able to find a place to leave my car and I meet Boris and the others flatmates. Immediatly Boris take me out to visit his neighbourhood,the Plateau. He talks me about Montreal and Montrealers. I can really feel the difference of this city from all the others I have visited up to now. Boris talks about Bohemien place but I would call an artistic and fully culturally active city. Young generations here plays an important role, and you can see it just walking around Saint Laurent, Rosemont, le Plateau.

I spend quiet days in Montreal, relaxing in the parks of Ville Marie right in front Saint Helen's Island and the Gilles Villeneuve Circuit -where the Grand Prix was running. There is also the White Night week-end along Rue Mont Royal, the city is full of interesting events. 

Ride the bike here's easy, also Bixi Montreal is very well organized, with a station almost every 300mt!

Boris invites me everywhere: we watched some cartoon movies with the blue ray (amazing, my first experience) to some friends, we went to watch a play in a little place around Mont Royal where I met some other friends. Here in Montreal I discover the term Hipster, and it takes some time to me to understand what it means, but I clearly know what it is when they bring me in a couple of Hipster places.


My last day passes by while I walk through museums and galleries. In the afternoon I ride my bike in the Olimpic village in the east part of the city. Finally I collapse in bed, the last park in Ontario is waiting for me.

Photo album link: "MONTREAL" 

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.