Existing Member?

Not only Canada A 10 months trip in North America & amazing walks in my Dolomites

Prince Edward Island

CANADA | Tuesday, 7 June 2011 | Views [831]

A whole rainbow (even if the photo shows half..) from Witchel house, PEI

A whole rainbow (even if the photo shows half..) from Witchel house, PEI

It's almost midnight when I arrive to my new couchsurfing place. The next morning I have breakfast with Jeff, Maureen, his daughters and Rana, a boy from New Zealand. I leave this beautiful huse with Rana to Greenwich, in the north east of the island. Here we walk for a couple of hours into a fantastic landscape: wooden walkways in the middle of the swamp surrounded by sand dunes brings us to the beach on the ocean, wow! Back to our cars we say goodbye because Rana is leaving for Halifax.

In the afternoon I drive to the East Point where there is a wooden white and red lighthouse. The rift is very particular because is composed of a colourful red soil, and it is the same in all the island. Here in PEI there are three main colours: he red of ground, the green of grass and the blue of the sky, gorgeous! I take dinner in Charlottetown, the capital of the island and then I come back home.

The day after I drive on the opposite side of the island, passing by Summerside and up to Seacow Pond. Here there is the longest riff on North America and there are some wind turbines. In the afternoon I take a ride with the bike along the coast in the Prince Edward Island National Park, situated centre north. During the evening I have an amazing dinner with Maureen, Jeff and another couchserfer; I can see my first Blue Jays! After a shower in the fields a big and pretty rainbow is visible all the way long, fantastic!

On Tuesday I leave that beautiful place and my kind host; I drive out from PEI along the amazing Confederation Bridge.

My return trip starts definitly here!

Photo album link: "PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND"

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.