Existing Member?

Not only Canada A 10 months trip in North America & amazing walks in my Dolomites

To the maritimes!

CANADA | Wednesday, 1 June 2011 | Views [573]

A chipmunk!

A chipmunk!

In the way back from Mingan the weather is finally sunny. I can see much more around me, for example the looong straight roads that I'm driving along. I visit Sept Iles with the car and It's not that bad. I sleep in Baie Comeau to Maxime again planning the day after.

May 30, Tuesday morning. I wake up early because I have to drive to Godbout to take the ferry for Matane at 8 am. I take almost 2 hours to cross the gulf of Saint Lawrence, then from Matane I drive east to the National Park of Gaspesie. I take an easy walk to the Mont Ernest LaForce but the view is not so nice: all around me I can see only burned trees. 50 years ago a fire burned a big portion of forest that regrows slowly because of some hungry moose who live here. In the evening I arrive to Olivier in Amqui. We spend the evening with his heighbors -they can speak English much better then me- so we laugh and joke drinking some beer homemade by them.

Wednesday I drive to Fredericton, the capital of  New Brunswick.I'm there in the afternoon, but there is not much to see. I watch Kung Fu Panda 2 in a movie theatre and I decide to return on the road: destination Halifax! In New Brunswick there are a lot of danger sign about moose, and I understand soon why: with the sunset moose come near the road to graze, also because they find the salt that is spread along the roadway in winter. I can see only shapes in the night, but they are really big! At midnight I stop in a service area to sleep, somewhere just within the province of Nova Scotia.

Photo album link: "FROM MINGAN TO NOVA SCOTIA"

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.