Existing Member?

Not only Canada A 10 months trip in North America & amazing walks in my Dolomites

The begin. Toronto.

CANADA | Sunday, 15 May 2011 | Views [796]

CN Tower on Sunday morning. Toronto.

CN Tower on Sunday morning. Toronto.

My adventure starts from the biggest city of Canada, Toronto.

My first day in the city is special: it's Sunday here. I get up early in the morning and have my first breakfast in the HI hostel.

Outside the city is empty and this is fantastic. First thing must see: the whole GTA from the best point of view, the CN Tower. No clouds in the sky but a 360 breathtaking view. IT'S SO WIDE!

Everyday I spend a lot of time on the Harbourfront, a long walk on Ontario lake. The city is big and needs to be explored on foot: no problem. From the Entertainment District up to downtown Yonge, from the green University zone down to St. Lawrence Market days passes by.

From the third day I'm gonna stay as a couchsurfer in the east part of the city hosted by Liz. Here I discover the best way to get around town: THE BICYCLE!

A lot of importance here is given to pedestrians and cyclists. To me it's a big news, used to Italian driving standards in the cities...! I walk from west to east in the traffic without any problems, everybody is very polite.

Photo album link: "FLIGHT TO CANADA, DESTINATION TORONTO"

Tags: bicycle, discovery, toronto

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.