Existing Member?

M/S Eventyr Bits and pieces from my life. Now with pictures!

Travelling with Jess again

FRANCE | Friday, 3 February 2012 | Views [701] | Comments [1]

20th January I met up with Jess again for some more traveling. We met up in Lyon and had an amazing weekend just laughing and eating. Our host the was spectacular! His motto was : if you are happy I am happy. Meaning feeding us until explosion point. Any way Jess wants to go to Paris and I usually let her have it her way:) It's just easier that way. So we plan to go to Dijon and then Paris. Sunday we start hitching out of Lyon but returns after making an agreement with a driver to take us to Dijon the next day. The next day we arrive at our meeting point and we wait. The man doesn't show up or answer any of our calls. A bit pissed off we start hitchhiking by the road. No problem we get a ride to the toll station north of the city. Here two Germans pick us up with the intend to leave us in Dijon. But they are going to Luxembourg and Belgium so we think what the hell we don't have a place to sleep any way in Dijon, why not go to Antwerp?! I couch surfed in Antwerp only a few days earlier, so I text the girl and ask if we can stay with her. Typical hitching day with Jess and me going somewhere close ending somewhere far away:)

Of course one thing lead to another - Jess hadn't been to Amsterdam and it was sooo close it would be stupid to let the chance go by. Spending a few days in the Netherlands was good. We stayed with Patricia and Evert, family friends, in the south and took a day trip to Amsterdam and Utrecht. By the way thanks to Patricia and Evert for having us:)
Jess almost convinced me to go Germany and then of course Denmark, she really want to meet my mother specially after Patricia told about her. But for once a said no to Jess and insisted on going south. To Paris! We have walked and cycled coursers to death here, and it is freezing cold. Tomorrow or so we'll leave for Rennes and then slowly head south to warmer places. Keep warm everyone, where ever you are! 

Tags: amsterdam, jess, paris

Comments

1

Hi Mette. Vi har sølvbryllup d. 20. maj - holder det i Kirke Værløse forsamlingshus 1100 til 1700 med buffet + kaffe/kage. Håber du er hjemme til den tid. Stort knuzz fra Jytte, Kristian og Vagn

  Vagn Aalling Feb 7, 2012 11:39 PM

About mettesv

Eating chocolate and biscuits at a metro station in Bilbao, while we waited for our host

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.