Existing Member?

Hoi ta toi toi! Chip chip cheeerio! Merry Trentadue's all up in the UK ...watch out! Travel Journal Here we go again!

Friday Feb 14th - Monday 17th ---90000 degrees in melbs

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 17 March 2008 | Views [626]

So, we wake up from our "sleep" at noon on friday. Friday is the day you go to the campus for the following week, check it out, and get the info you need for Monday-Wed. That was the plan. We also had to figure out printing for the next week, and mail off all the paperwork and money from Thrusday.

The printing, as always, takes WAY longer than you think. Actully did it via email, and sent it to kinkos b/c the ISV office negociated a deal with them for cheap printing for us. Pick up planned for 9:30am Sunday. SO, it's like, 3pm after all that is done (paying a whole lot to use the internet the whole time) and we make the exeuctive decision that we are not going to go to the next campus. We are in the middle of no where, w/out a car... trying to get to that campus to walk around for a bit just sounded like no fun. Especially after loosing the whole day to needing rest, and organizing printing. So we find out where the train station is, and head out of the Motel. As soon as we open the door, we realize it's 90000 degrees, which is weird for Melbs. We find the train station, hop on, and head to downtown melbourne. We go to SouthBank - a part of town right on the river, and get everything mailed off. Meet Simon (the guy who trained us in Big Bear) for drinks, and he brings a bunch of friend with him that were past ISV recuiters. We end up having a crazy night out on the town of Melboune.

Melbs is a really interesting town - like, the coolest city ever. People everywhere, sky skrapers everywhere, cafe's, shops, and culture everywhere. (it's WAY better than sydney) Every street has allys, and it looks like it would just be dumpsters and stuff, but you walk down there, and there are lines of people waiting to get into super cool hidden restaurants, bars, and clubs. It's easy to see the town is way too cool for me. we went to this dumpling place in china town... about 10 of us ate for $6 a peice. and we were all full. it was BYOB to - so you can picture the scene. (i have photos - need to upload) We picked up some other people at the restaurant, and started going in and out of lots of bars and clubs, all were multiple levels, some with roof top patios over looking the whole city. Very cool  - but i was very sleepy after the whole night in the stairwell incident. Night ended at a whole in the wall jazz place where we danced it up.

Saturday we took the train and a bus to St. Kilda - a really cute part of Melbourne. Beached it up for the day - then got dressed and met a bunch of people at a bar down there. about 10 recruiters form last season that live in Melbs. They were all so happy, and fun, and crazy! it was a fun night. We have next week off, and it turns off all those kids are going on a road trip/camping up the great ocean road... so i'm going too! I am SOO looking forward to the break in recruiting.

Sunday was a nightmare - we planned on having a great day - all we had to do was check out, pick up our printing, and then do whatever we wanted. Well - the printing was ALL WRONG! We had to wait there from 10:30am-3:30pm for them to correct a massive ammount of flyers. The pricing was also all wrong, but they had to discount a lot because of all the messing up. it just sucks to spend one of your only days off in a kinkos. We get to our new motel which is in a very very odd suburn called boxhill. still 90000 degrees. AC here doesn't work that great, but we have wireles internet for the low price fo $20 for the whole week so that's a nice treat. Fridge and micowave too, so don't have to buy food all week.

Today (monday the 17th) was the first day on Uni at Deakin University -  We still dont have a car, so it's public transportation for us. We found the right bus, and it goes directly to campus, so that's good. I broke my sign up record and got 522 signups today - and in only 16 announcements! Met Tasha on campus, she's one of the old recruiters that is doing the road trip. She goes to Deakin, and gave us her log in for the internet, so we can enter our signups in between classses. this is HUGE! it means we dont have to stay up till 1am doing data entry! YAY! Its st. patty's day here, but i'm staying in. I can't imagine figureing out how to take another bus somewhere... and then having to do this job with a hang over or no sleep tomorrow. Brad is going out, but i'm staying in. Looking forward to playing the internet, and catching up on emails ect. Also have to get everything ready for tomorrow, and find somewhere for us to stay after easter break near our next uni (university of melbourne)

LONG ENTRY THERE! sorry :) At least you are all caught up on Melbs now though!

:)
Merry

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.