Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

Compare the Pair

CAMBODIA | Friday, 22 February 2013 | Views [162]

One month since the accident and my ankle is doing well. However, my foot still bears the repercussions of the car wheel. Thankfully the swelling has gone down heaps, but my right foot is still larger than my left and looking a bit sad and worse for wear.

As soon as my doctor removed the bandages yesterday I could tell that my prayers for "good news coupled with wisdom" would not be answered the way I desired just by the look on his face. "Two more weeks off work" was his verdict, "Or you will risk further injury or foot deformity." He continued to recommend bed rest with foot up, foot exercises in a bucket of warm water and to work my toes more so I can get them back to their full bending range. "The ankle is looking great and is of no major concern. Now we need to continue to get that foot better" He remarked.

So a discouraged, frustrated me returned to my friend's apartment to deliver the good and bad news to all necessary parties. Then it was time to take some painkillers and attempt to hand all my worries and frustrations to God. It is hard at times to continue to remain thankful and positive in the midst of annoying circumstances that are beyond my control. But as time heals wounds, joys will be discovered through challenges.

Tags: challenges, lessons along the way

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.