Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Day 63: A cold at the beach....what's that all about?

INDIA | Monday, 7 January 2008 | Views [810]

Monday 7th January

The night had been a long, uncomfortable one, and I spent most of it alternating between shivering and sweating, only falling off to sleep after what seemed like a few hours. I had decided the night before that I probably wasn't going to be fit enough to make the yoga class at 8am, or the massage that was to follow it. I decided to spend the day doing nothing, to get some rest and see if I could shake the cold as quick as possible. I walked to the yoga school and told the instructor that I wasn't up to it, and he was happy that I had at least come to tell him as much.

After a long breakfast, I took a walk into Varkala town in search of a barbers where I could get a haircut and a much needed shave, having gone without one for about two weeks. The lack of hot water in most of the places I have been staying means that I have had to forfeit a shave, or else cut my face up using only cold water. I am rarely in a position where I need to look presentable these days, so it's not a big deal too have some stubble, but I do find it becomes very annoying after a while. After walking for about half an hour and, despite asking people for directions, I couldn't find the local barbers and decided to make my way back to the beach for lunch, and managed to find a barbers along the clifftop promenade shortly afterwards who made me look neat and tidy.

I spent the rest of the evening relaxing and reading, and had dinner in the guesthouse restaurant. I once again got an early night in the hope that maximum rest would leave me in better health the next day.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.