Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Day 41: Beach life and football

INDIA | Sunday, 16 December 2007 | Views [639]

Sunday 16th December

Christmas is just over a week away and I have only seen glimpses of what might happen when the big day finally comes around next week. I passed a small carol service the previous night and heard the local kids sing ‘Silent Night’ under the palm trees. Everything else suggests ‘summer time’ to me that I can’t properly get my head around the fact that it’s Christmas! It was more of the same today.

After doing what you do when you’re at the beach, I found a bar on the beach that was showing the Man United-Liverpool and Arsenal-Chelsea games live on their TV, so settled in for a night amongst other western tourists, most of whom were, unsurprisingly, English. I was a happy man at the end, with United having beaten Liverpool on their won ground, and it doesn’t get any sweeter than that. I also got talking to a few other football fans beside me and we agreed to meet up the next day to play football on the beach. It was a very good end to another lazy day.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.