Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Days 38 & 39: More relaxation

INDIA | Thursday, 13 December 2007 | Views [637]

Thursday 13th & Friday 14th December

There is little else to do in Benaulim – as I expect is the same for much of the coastal resorts in Goa – except to enjoy the sea, laze on the beach, eat some tasty food, and do a spot of reading. Not a bad way to pass a couple of days.

I had intended to visit an important Hindu temple complex several hundred kilometers inland of Goa, but the thought of getting back on the train for another long-haul trip wasn’t too appealing. It would take a train journey of at least 8 hours to get to Hampi. Having spent a total of about 80 hours or more in just over two weeks on buses and trains – not to mention the time spent waiting about on platforms and waiting rooms – I was feeling just about ready to change the pace and slow things down.

I had heard from several people that Hampi is worth a visit, and it seems a pity not to go. But, it was always my intention to keep a reasonable pace overall and to avoid running around doing too much, in an effort to see everything. I am quite comfortable staying put and enjoying the relative peace and quite of life on the beach.

Tags: Relaxation

 

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.