Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

leaving Palolem soon

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Monday, 9 March 2009 | Views [842] | Comments [1]

3/7/2009

Still in Palolem – this lovely place –enjoying every minute of it. People are very honest and friendly I the way they try really hard to cheat you- I love their way of doing it: Looking you straight in the eye, huge beautiful smile. I bought already too much stuff, but every thing is too hard to resist. Gita and I are going shopping in Jodhpur after the meditation and I am going to ship some stuff home ( US and Germany).

This morning I got up, swam over to this rock and sunbathed, while crabs were running all around me (but not on me), dove into the Gulf, back to the beach to do sime yoga and jogged back to my hut. The first exercise like morning since leaving home……..

On a personal note: Can you imagine Hot Flashes in the middle of this humid heat of India?

The well known uprising heat from the inside of ones body gives a damn about where I am  - keeps me awake most nights for long hours, but this place is just way to nice to suffer, so I don’t . The Gulf plays it’s song over and over and I am letting go preparing for a 10 day silent retreat (going by train 12 hours, starting 3:40 am)coming up in a couple of days, so, no journal update until after the 23rd or so- just keep in mind, that I didn’t fall off the face of the earth – just out of my mind and –of course- OUT OF MY BUBBLE.

Tags: marta and i in front of our hut

Comments

1

Oooh! I am going to miss your updates! 10 days--I am going to burst like a tick from not hearing from you!

  Anne Mar 10, 2009 6:17 AM

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.