Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Company outing

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Sunday, 1 March 2009 | Views [778]

Margit is being a good wifey - 

We went to Al Ain on Friday (it being already weekend around here - Sunday, people go back to work). 

First I was a bit irritated, since it is the town I had to drive through on my "visa run", but then, of course, we went to a 5000 year old oasis, which was pretty impressive and learned about some history in this area. We visited a fort and listended to a story about trekking through the "lost quarter" which is the middle of the Arabian desert and hadn't been "discovered" by any human until early in 1900. A book "Sand Dance" will tell the story of three men taking the trip on camels - hating each other at the end......................Can't wait to read it!

We went in a bus up the near Mt (don't ask me the name)-3000 feet high. I saw BIKERS - real ones! And I got hungry - very hungry. A Mt in the desert - would love to bike this thing...............

We had lunch in a FANCY hotel on top. Lunch was superb. Talking about food, I have to say that food is cheap and exellent, even in the not-so-fancy places. No complaints here!

 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.