Existing Member?

The Madrones Adrian & Kerry Madrone travel the world!

Final dispatch from Thailand (with Pictures!)

THAILAND | Monday, 25 December 2006 | Views [3892] | Comments [5]

We've come to the end of our Thai journey. It's been great sharing it with you all as we have gone along. We've spent our last day in Bangkok today, and will be getting picked up by taxi at 3:45 in the morning to get to the airport.

Before we take the long flight home, we thought we'd post a few more pictures of things we've seen. When we get home, we'll be posting more. We'll let you know when they're up.


Since you people seem to love monkeys so much, here's another one. This one is also getting into trouble, and he also clearly knows how to party.


Two pics of us on our elephant ride. We forgot to write about it, but now you know...we rode an elephant. The other camera has the pictures of Adrian riding on the elephant's head, so that will have to wait til later. For now though, you'll have to trust us...riding an elephant is really cool. They like to stop and eat a lot.


HUGE Buddha in Sukhothai ruins. (Look for the lady in the hat at the bottom of the picture for perspective!)


More amazing Sukhothai ruins. (See Adrian in there?)


Floating market at Damnuan Sadoek.


Night life in Bangkok. This is us at the Shell gas station that converts its parking lot and fill-up area into a bar at night!


Us at Wat Pho in Bangkok.


Wat Pho


Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho


The best way to drink Thai iced tea and Thai iced coffee...out of plastic bags!!!


A snapshot of Bangkok.


Hope you've all enjoyed. See many of you soon!!!

Adrian and Kerry

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

wow, thanks and WELCOME BACK TO THE STATES!
We missed you guys here!

  veronika Dec 27, 2006 12:44 PM

2

yay! you're back! come drag your groggy selves over to open some presents when you feel like it...

  jen & alison Dec 27, 2006 6:56 PM

3

Hi Kerry and Adrian !!!
Can't wait to see you again, see more photos and hear more stories. The toilet thing was a riot ... wondered what they think when they come to the US for the first time and experience our automatic toilets, paper toilet covers, auto faucets and now Bruce told me he saw his first auto soap dispencer!!! Does make you wonder whether to shake their hand or not. Guess they get used to our way pretty fast. I hope. Kris

  kristen Hunt Dec 31, 2006 5:27 PM

4

Awesome pictures! Glad you are back safe and sound. Wish we could see you right away and hear your stories and see pics. Guess we have to wait and enjoy the tidbits until then.
Bruce and Wendy are here and want to check out your site too!
Love ya!

  Mom & Greg Jan 1, 2007 12:50 AM

5

I have to tell you, as a Thai tea leaf factory, your picture of drinking Thai iced tea out from plastic bag, in the traditional Thai style look so Yummmmmy!

Good Job

  Sribhud Tea factory Jan 16, 2009 4:08 PM

About madrone


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.