Existing Member?

I am. The Vegan In The Leather Jacket.

Dear London, Never leave me...

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 15 April 2015 | Views [143] | Scholarship Entry

We were a love story waiting to happen. The cold weather felt so good. The first snow that I had ever seen, soaked me to my core and I couldn't have been happier.

We spent days navigating our way through the tube, blind to the locals who dreaded their daily commute, we just loved the ride. Every second of it. We crawled through dungeons with our backs to walls, saw the city from the highest places, ran through the rain in search of good coffee, spent evenings floating from pub to pub... It was heaven. It was romance. It felt like home.

I found treasure in your nature. Excitement in your essence. Pure lust in your people. I found a part of me I didn't know was missing; and I took a part of you with me when I left. I didn't mind the age difference, you had a lot to teach me. So wise, yet so progressive.You were almost a forbidden romance. Your cold, dark nights felt like a warm fire and a cup of tea. Wrapped in your beauty, I thought to myself, "I could live here... Quite easily." In a small flat out west, just off a main street. A quiet, cosy corner of an apartment block. Maybe with a view of a park? In the winter I could look out over the snow covered trees and be reminded of the time we first met. I bet I would smile and you'd smile back.

In the summer, I would find my place on a park bench and write letters to the friends who have never known your charm. When the day came that I fell in love with another, maybe Rome or Paris? Or even back to Australia? I'd write you a letter that I couldn't post, so instead I'd hang it on my bedroom wall...

"Dear London,

Never leave me.

Yours Truly."

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About lucyjade

Sugarloaf Rock

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.