Existing Member?

trust, love, and the unknown Ongoing with no expected outcome!

A few random notes about India....

USA | Friday, 23 January 2009 | Views [509]

before I head back out into the real India world

When you order food expect to have a plate for every item, glass, all your 8 pieces of silver wear, and you napkins too.

Going to see a bollywood film is an adventure in itself. Kurtis and I found ourselves caught up in a wild dramatic love story and wanting the soundtrack in the end. The indians cheer often through out the film and get extremely teenage boyish silly when there is a suggestion of sex or kissing. There were many times we forgot that we were in India watchinhg a movie in another language...thats how caught up in it we were.

Reading menues are tons of fun...India definitly needs an editor. FOr example Craps and stowberris = Crepes and strawberries and Coockies = cookies.

And India tries very hard to impress you and make sure you get your ruppees worth if you go to a "fancy" restaraunt. My favorite has been the plastic lid with a straw on the top of a fancy beer glass. And the places that have immaculate marbled floor and wood carvings and fancy chairs but the dirtiest walls ever....always a good laugh.

Everyplace has vendors chanting their goods at you and each place has something original and their own character thats perfect for a cartoon.

Tomorrow I'm am off to Kochi to see a trekking buddy.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.