Existing Member?

At Last Thailand

Preparing at Home

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 31 August 2013 | Views [669]

The heat is the essential thing to desire, isn't it, when in Thailand? Must be something like Cairns in the weather. That's ok, I have lived there before for over a year in beautiful tempestuous Cairns - have lived through the fear of being killed by Cyclone Yasi, escaped from it with the blessing of my life.

 

Am here in Melbourne, listening to the sound of a native Australian bird, as it calls in the encroaching darkness. Have finalised my flight payment earlier today. It is set in stone at a good rate. Just under $500 for a return to Bangkok from Melbourne. Beautiful! That's a big part of the reason that I had to go quickly, that it had to be snapped up! A singular fare from Melbourne to Bangkok can cost nearly as much if not more..why worry about what you have to pay or how much you have to pay for a seat when you can just go on a form of transport that is fast - probably have not ruined the earth's delicacy for such a long time since the last few times that I drove a car in 2003.

 

I have no drivers licence. It does not concern me to drive or to have some kind of status of a car. I still live and gain approval to have an iphone4 on Optus. Now it is the fiddly bits time! Working out all the intricacies as I wait for Monday or Tuesday when my bank clears the money from my parents to go and get my passport photos taken! And to get my Priority Passport!

 

I have three weeks to get my first passport! Always up for a challenge. It will be done!

 

I have booked a cheap backpacker in Bangkok, for ten days I will pay about $60 AUD or 1600THB to stay in the heart of Bangkok. I am looking forward to exploring the temples and riding the elephants!

I will be covered for my travels with World Nomads! I am paying for that at the end of this coming week.

 

I will continue to receive my Austudy allowance, have just informed Centrelink, as I will keep studying online and get some lovely materials from Thailand to gain for use with my textiles unit works!!! Exciting! I am not taking anything other than my MacBook and keys and iPhone4 and wallet and passport in the cabin bag.

I will buy a towel, and any extra clothing and other stuff when I get there, should be easy enough with the markets staying open late, what with my arrival time of 8:45pm. I'll set off about 2pm from Melbourne. I have pre-booked my vegetarian meal for the flight, it cost $28 for each flight meal, included with the total cost of the ticket for the flight with JetStar! Really good, you can choose pretty much everything and cut costs.

Have what you want! Enjoy! The world awaits! But does not!!

 

 

 

Tags: australia, bangkok, birthday, elephants, flights, medical tourism, melbourne, preparation, thailand, travel costs

About longawaited

Photo by A Dakota of Divinely You

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.