Existing Member?

Bill's Big Trip "Imagine there's no countries, it isn't hard to do, nothing to kill or die for. Imagine all the people living life in peace. Imagine all the people sharing all the world. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will live as one." John Lennon

Botswana

BOTSWANA | Friday, 5 September 2014 | Views [298]

Another 20 short hours on the bus. InterCape bus company is the bus line I've used for the long haul in Africa. It's been pretty good, reasonably priced and they're going to the places that I want to go to. The one odd thing about the company is the use of the bus and a captive audience to preach their religious beliefs. The first bus ride when they said a prayer as we departed, I didn't have a problem with and thought that was a nice touch. As we were rolling down the road the video comes on and we are bombarded with their take on God for the next 1 to 2 hours. This over the speakers, no headphones. After three trips it gets a little old. 

Here I am in Botswana sitting on the front porch of my tent,  sipping on a glass of wine, enjoying the scenery and writing the journal. No complaints.

Back to the bus. They dropped me off about 40 miles from my destination of Chobe National Park. Didn't know how I was going to get to the park, but it was early in the day, no worries.  As I was unloading my bag from the bus, I asked if anyone was going to to Chobe. Good fortune, a guy from the bus lives there and was kind enough to give me a ride for gas money. I spent three nights near the park, went on one game drive and enjoyed a relaxing time at the Kwalape Safari Lodge.

Weak or no wifi, will add pictures when I get a stronger connection.

About lipowcan8

A quick recap. I visited 19 countries in 212 days, traveled 46,000 miles by air,15,000 miles by land and spent about $25,000. My feet got beat up a few times and I twisted my ankle a couple of times.  No plane, train, car, bus, tuk tuk or taxi mishaps, not even a fender bender. I wasn't threatened or harassed and amazingly enough I didn't lose anything. It's hard to believe seven months have passed. As I said in my first entry.....a wonderful way to celebrate 60 years of living. It sure was!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Botswana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.