Existing Member?

Bill's Big Trip "Imagine there's no countries, it isn't hard to do, nothing to kill or die for. Imagine all the people living life in peace. Imagine all the people sharing all the world. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will live as one." John Lennon

Frequent Flyer Miles

GREECE | Monday, 28 July 2014 | Views [369] | Comments [1]

Something I should have written at the beginning of the trip was the use of frequent flyer miles to help finance the trip. I accrued a good portion of the miles by using the Delta American Express card. I took advantage of the 30,000 mile bonus and no annual fee when you sign up for the card. I would charge everything to the Delta card and then pay it off at the end of the month, no interest charges. A year after the card is issued they charge an annual fee. I cancel the card, wait a year, ( use a USAIR card) and apply for a new card and do it again. It did not have a negative effect on my credit score. It cost me 180,000 Delta Air Lines frequent flyer miles plus a little under $500 (airport taxes) for the following flights. What a deal!

LA - Quito Ecuador 

Buenos Aires Argentina - Athens Greece

Athens - Johannesburg South Africa

Nairobi Keyna - Bangkok Thailand 

Bangkok - Sydney Australia 

Sydney - LA

Comments

1

hi bill,thanks for all the good travel advise over the years.

  ron Aug 3, 2014 11:56 PM

About lipowcan8

A quick recap. I visited 19 countries in 212 days, traveled 46,000 miles by air,15,000 miles by land and spent about $25,000. My feet got beat up a few times and I twisted my ankle a couple of times.  No plane, train, car, bus, tuk tuk or taxi mishaps, not even a fender bender. I wasn't threatened or harassed and amazingly enough I didn't lose anything. It's hard to believe seven months have passed. As I said in my first entry.....a wonderful way to celebrate 60 years of living. It sure was!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.