Existing Member?

Sun set, sun down - sessions in Sri Lanka

Ceylon Sessions

SRI LANKA | Wednesday, 2 September 2015 | Views [261] | Scholarship Entry

I picked up a camera in my final year of studying Environmental Science. Rather than writing a thesis on water chemistry or the dire consequences of climate change, I decided to research and document people who were using their passion and creativity to inspire ecologically responsible behaviour among the global community. I obviously had no idea what was involved in making a documentary, being a science student and all, however decided to do it anyway. The project was an absolute adventure,and a huge success to say the least. Meeting the people I did and capturing their contribution to humanity and the Earth was hugely rewarding. I've realised since then that I want to continue inspiring others through the philosophy of 'leading by example.' Rather than focussing on the issues, lets focus on the solutions!

I made 'Ceylon Sessions' after a recent trip to Sri Lanka. I traveled there to have a break after spending a strenuous month working on wildlife sustainability projects in Sumatra. I made this clip as a gift for those that were there, and who made me realise that community is everywhere! I would be honoured to win this competition so that I can not only learn from the best, but continue on my mission to showcasing the humble achievements of others and celebrate the endless possibilities of aligning with our passions. The thought of of traveling to Colombia with a camera, a smile and the aim of leaving a creative legacy for our Colombian comrades inspires me profoundly!

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About lionseye


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Sri Lanka

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.