Existing Member?

The Lone Adventures of Li-Lu

Touring Auckland

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 27 February 2008 | Views [419]

Got up early and had brekkie, the kitchens are huge at this hostel!! Got on the Kiwi Experience free tour of auckland. it took us to the Harbour Bridge where we were harnessed on and walked out underneath the bridge to the Bungie Pod in the middle. Amazing views looking back at auckland and over to Devonport. 60year old man decided to bungee when the rest of us were all too soft! Went to Devonport for fish and chips - the Kiwis are obsessed with them!! had hoki and chips, yum sat basking in the sun. Walked up to an extinct volcano and wandered the old armarments up there looknig out to the island gulf then down to the beach, soo beautiful up there. Auckland doesnt feel scary or city-like even though im surrounded by skyscrapers.

Booked the Bay of Islands tour with Kiwi Experience as its a cheap bus trip and get to chill out by the beach for a few days. Matt decided to come too so have company on the 4hour bus trip..leave on friday. Weather is beautiful and the men are hot! Meeting up with Dart tonight which should be amusing! Then who knows tomorrow...nursing a hideous hangover no doubt!!

Tags: Culture

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.