Existing Member?

The Lone Adventures of Li-Lu

Arrival in Auckland

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 26 February 2008 | Views [339] | Comments [1]

So waited at Singapore for 6 hours meeting no-one until 5 mins before boarding. Stepped outside and bumped into an English guy called Matt. Got talking and turned out we were staying in the same hostel when we got to Auckland. Got to Nz ok, the flight seemed soo long was glad to get off. Drama through customs as I got caught by a sniffer dog...your all thinking oh-oh what was Lijanne doing?? I had had an apple in there a couple of hours before and it could smell it!! Got searched for any other raw food stuffs then could finally proceed out of the airport!! Grabbed a bus to tiown with Matt and we walked to the hostel. Weather was incredible!!! Blue skies, hot sun, perfect! Hostel right in the centre of town literally right next to the Sky tower, what a view...Real nice place, dumped our stuff in tehe room and headed to the Quay for some lunch. Watched the boats sat outside eating the best falafel sandwich of my life!! Was pretty tired so we headed up to bed for a rest at 5, fell asleep and woke at midnight fully clothed on toop of my bed. got in and slept till 8 in the morning ready for our free city tour in the morning!!

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Hi,not had much time to catch up with your adventures, hopefully you got my e-mails with Hamish's tel no on them. Craig says do get in touch as they will really ollok after you and he has contacts all over NZ. Trust the sightseeing is going well and that you have met up with Shane and Lauren, say hi to them for me. Don't forget to keep in touch, jsut to keep your mum and me sane. Love Dad xxxxx

  Dada Feb 29, 2008 7:08 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.