Existing Member?

Kiwi Goes Global

Tübingen

GERMANY | Friday, 10 June 2011 | Views [623]

I am in a very lazy mood, and think I´m spending quite a lot on the net here... so.. you know it´s gonna be bullet points.  This is about 3 days worth of activities. 

  • Arrived and wondered if I was going to get in, as Mr Border Control spent a long time looking at my French visa, and even had a wee chat to his colleague.
  • Saw my friend Anne (with whom I worked at Take Five) for the first time in about 4.5 years.  Didn´t feel like we´d been apart that long.  :)
  • Had beer and Obatzter (Bavarian cheesy dip thingee) in a Biergarten by the river in Tübingen.  Oh, good, good times.
  • There are so many bikes in Tübingen.  It´s actually crazy.
  • Went for a wander around the town centre, with its cute buildings.  There were cool buskers, too.  Violin and xylophone/random box drum thing.
  • May have fallen asleep in the arvo... well, Heathrow Airport isn´t a great place to sleep, ok?
  • Went out for a drink in town, and had about 4 of Anne´s friends speaking English to me.  Lol.  Gotta love the Germans.
  • Did a high ropes course.  This was a heap of fun!  It has been a while.
  • Went to a lake in the Black Forest.  :)  Had been planning to swim (it was hot in the morning) but it clouded over... so we just lazed.
  • Had beers on Anne´s balcony, with one of her friends.  The one who told me that my Radler was a KinderBier.  ;p
  • Went wandering through the fields, admiring the peace and quiet, and nice views.
  • Had one man in the fields ask me where I was going (I think) and having to explain that I didn´t speak German, and then trying to speak German, and only mustering ´gehen... ein bisschen.´
  • Watched the Darjeeling Ltd.  Good movie, that.
  • Went to the bakery to get a brezel.  Happy life.
  • Went on the Stocherkahn boats  (kinda like a gondola) on the Nekar.  That was very relaxing.
  • Had a nice big schnitzel.  Well, I am in Germany, after all.

Tags: germany, tübingen, tuebingen

About libby-k8

Moi, up Mont St Clair in Sète, with my wee Kiwi, Kingi.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.