Existing Member?

barrels of love

Way back when...

INDONESIA | Wednesday, 16 April 2014 | Views [25]

Three years & 2 days ago, Don & I seriously began envisioning a surf trip together to Indonesia.. That meant forgoing our annual snowboard trip in late winter/ early spring to save $$ and time off from work.  That's just what we did in 2012.  We used our miles and booked our trip to Indo & regrettedly informed our snow buddies we would not be joining them that winter in the mountains..this was not an easy decision by no means but it was time for a surf adventure... I was graduating from UH that year& I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate..Except..Don was offered his dream job with NOAA, as a seafood safety officer, a job he was integral in creating, & just like that our Indo plans vanished. I was ecstatic & proud of Don, but damn I wanted to go to Indo--and so did he!  So we gave it another go in 2014.  We used air miles to book 9 months in advance 1st class/business seats to and from Sumatra.  We thought the departure day would never come!  The months crept by & in October Don's dream job turned into a nightmare.  He was informed that his duty location was no longer warm & sunny Honolulu but Fairhaven, Massachusettes, what the hell?? 

About lesj


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.