Existing Member?

Inspiration

THE GO GETTER

KENYA | Sunday, 6 September 2015 | Views [314] | Scholarship Entry

My names are Cyrus Simiyu 23 years of age i come from the Eastlalnds of Nairobi Kenya. Am a footballer,a filmmaker, photographer and also junior in communication design. I started learning filmmaking and photography in the year 2010 through an organization called Mathare Youth Sports Association in a small project called Shootback. I have volunteering for the organization for 5years now taking photos and also making some documentaries for the organization during an event .Through MYSA Shootback i have managed to do some short films, documentaries and also taking photos. In this year i got a chance to participate in an exchange in Norway between kenya and Norway through SCREEN for 3 months form April to July. I got a chance to learn filmmaking, photography, communication skills, creativity, project management and leadership skills.And currently i have been sharing what learned in Norway with the youths of Nairobi Kenya.
I believe i should win because i have passion in filmmaking and i believe if i get the chance to learn more i will expand my knowledge in the field of filmmaking so that i can also give back to the community.I have been dreaming to meet different people to share the knowledge about filmmaking and that i believe will make me learn more.Making a future film is my dream, i would love to make another step in the field of making filmmaking and also train the the youth about filmmaking.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About learningandsharingthroughfilm


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.