Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

Last Night Out in Cairo

EGYPT | Thursday, 16 August 2007 | Views [1011]

We had a very special last night out in Zamalek, Cairo with my friend Kim, who made the 2.5 hour drive again, from Mansoura just to see us off.  We had the most delicious dinner at a very Egyptian restaurant called Abu el-Sid. Inside, the arched doorways, cushion seats, and trippy lanterns combine with swirling sheesha smoke to make the experience truly magical.  I was waiting for my magic carpet ride to take me away - it's that type of a feel of a restaurant.  The food is truly exceptional, and we had our last Egyptian feast and girly chats before it was time to head back to the airport for yet another late night overnight flight.  We've had an amazing time with our friends in Egypt and have had the rare opportunity to see Egypt through the eyes of locals and expats living there.  It's made for a truly impressionable experience that keeps us wanting to see more of the region.  We'll be back to dive, camp out in the deserts and play in the oases.  A huge thanks to Kim, Dennis, Ella, Raja and Adal for making our time an amazing experience!

Tags: Friends

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.