Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

Decadent Dining: Lobster on the Beach

VIETNAM | Saturday, 21 July 2007 | Views [1196]

By 6:30 a.m. the sun is ablaze and I'm finding it difficult to breath on my early morning run.  We decide to kick it on the beach under the palapalas for the day, until we catch our overnight bus to Hoi An.  If you love seafood, Nha Trang is the place for you.  We watched as our lunch cruised back and forth on the beach in front of us... a lady selling fresh lobsters, crab, scallops and prawns yells, "HELLO LOBSTER," and attempts to get our attention.  I tell her to come back at 2:00 p.m. with a nice, big, fresh live one.  That she did... on one end of her wooden carry stick is the bucket of live fish in water, and on the other end dangles a hot-pot of coals, grill and a big tin bucket of boiling water.  She pulls out our lobster of choice, and opens it up a bit to demonstrate it's freshness (not that we can tell a really fresh one from a not so fresh live lobster).  She then sticks it on the grill over the hot coals and 20 minutes later she's serving up piping hot lobster with a delicious line and sesame marinade at our beach sun-chairs.  We feasted on lobster, crab, scallops, prawns... all for under $7 USD.  Darrin hit up the beer-wallah on the beach for some icy brews and it was a feast we'll remember for a long time!

Tags: Food & eating

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.