Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

Watching the Fires Unfold

PANAMA | Monday, 22 October 2007 | Views [939]

We opted to stay in Bocas Town for a couple more days, as it's the first time we've had regular wifi access and we wanted to monitor the fire situation in San Diego.  It's frustrating being so far from home with such devastation occurring, and not knowing how we may be impacted.  We were also away from home (in Italy) for the 2003 fires.  This time however, information is much more timely and forthcoming.  The active fire blog on SignOn San Diego is so helpful, informative and detailed - we are able to have the same information our friends and family have, at the same time.  Our property manager, never once emailed us to let us know what was happening and that our property was fine.  We actually wonder what we're paying them for.  Luckily for us and our family, friends - so far personal property seems to have been spared by the flames. But the impact to San Diego, the economy, and neighbors that weren't so fortunate is devastating.  A big thanks to the people behind the San Diego Union Tribune's online fire blog for such a great job providing real time access to information. Our thoughts go out to others in San Diego, in hopes that the fires will be contained shortly, and that the recovery effort is well supported.

Tags: Misadventures

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Panama

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.