Existing Member?

On the road again

Palawan scuba adventure

TAIWAN | Thursday, 8 January 2009 | Views [713]

After the big family trip to Philippines, Thailand and Cambodia I settled back into a sedate family life in Taipei with the 2 girls at school and Liz working at Taipei American School. Many people have asked me if I ever get bored not working here but I can honestly say I have not had time to be bored. I find Taipei such an amazing place that from the moment I step foot outside the apartment I am surrounded and immersed in Taiwanese culture and Taiwanese hospitality and every minute of each day is an adventure. But while saying that, February is a cold month in Taipei, cold and damp with little sunshine, similar to my home city of Melbourne, Australia in July except at least in Melbourne we had central heating. here the locals don't seem to feel the cold and most places are not heated apart from a small porable fan heater.

So I have decided to organise another adventure trip to The Philippines, mainly to travel Palawan Island and dive the wrecks of Coron. This trip will be again different, I am meeting my brother Ken and friend Rabbit Holland in Manila on 11 Feb. I have travelled with both of them before, but travelling in Phil on my own is a totally different kettle of fish to travelling with 2 people who have not backpacked before, and who do not think backpacking is normal for middle aged Australian men.

Now that is the challenge, to convince Ken and Rabbit that backpacking is the best way to experience travelling, and the best way to really see the magnificent Philippines.

About larry_the_travel_guide


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Taiwan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.