Existing Member?

Chronicle Of An Adventure Foretold

The land of eternal virgins

INDIA | Thursday, 26 May 2011 | Views [578]

To hear some Indian women talk you’d swear they stay virgins even after they’re married (let’s not talk about before, somebody’s mother might be listening). Tonight with a storm swirling outside a cute lady who I like tremendously (I could live here for the rest of my life and still she’d be in my top 10 favourite people), decided that the weather was ‘romantic weather’ and so she should go home early.  

Bless her (I say). But talk of romance provoked outcry, and faux shock (at least I hope it was faux). ‘’there are kids” (meaning unmarried) women “and you’re talking about romantic weather’’ balked a married colleague. All of us were alerted to the scandalous use of the word romance. Much flapping of mouths, laughter etc. The lady in question stood her ground ‘’How do you think the population of India got to 1 billion?’’ she said gathering her things (attagirl!)

I was asked for my opinion, so I gave it. As my favourite homegirl scarpered out of the office I cheered her on with ‘’you go girl’’.

After all, she’s been married 18 years. She’s got to lose her virginity sometime.

About ladyc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.