Existing Member?

Loose in Cambodia

Pure Indulgence!

CAMBODIA | Wednesday, 27 February 2008 | Views [943]

27.2.08

This is my last day in Cambodia so I thought for the few hours I have before boarding my flight for Phnom Penh I would get myself pampered (plus the fact I had a heap of spending money left and my bags were busting at the seams!) I ventured out on the main street and walked about 200m and looked down an alley way. Much to my delight, there was a boutique spa hidden down there! I went in and was greeted with a cool towel and a cup of tea so I could peruse the menu. I chose to have a full manicure and pedicure for the entree and an hour long traditional Khmer facial for my main course.

The manicure and pedicure was good (however I applaud the poor girl who did my toe nails due to the state of my feet) but the real deal was the facial. I never get facials back home. My skin routine usually involves a wash with cleanser in the shower and a chaser of sorbolene cream so this was pure indulgence! I was scrubbed, massaged and moisturised. I was left for about 20 minutes with a clay mask on (and fell asleep). It was heaven. It was just so good to get the dust out of my pores! It was well worth the money for this treatment which was about a third of what I would’ve paid back here in Australia! After my morning of luxury it was time to go to the airport. As we took off from the runway I could see the Tonle Sap in all its glory. I felt a pang of disappointment that I was actually going home but I knew I would be back some day.

Tags: Relaxation

About kyliestephenson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.