Existing Member?

Europe or BUST I am going to Iceland for 21 days on a volunteer expedition in east Iceland, actually. I will be donating my time to do organic farming with my workcamp. After that I will be on my own to backpack around Europe. Feel free to send me messages !

Åarhus, Denmark 2012

DENMARK | Thursday, 2 August 2012 | Views [673]

Chris and I left Copenhagen at 11am this morning via train to Åarhus to meet up with our friend Michael Glinka.  We'll be staying in his town tonight and tomorrow night only.  We haven't been eating as much, nor sleeping that much for that matter.  I can't help but become irritated when I'm running on an empty stomach most of the time, and with very little sleep, not to mention the fact that I'm completely broke until I get paid on the 5th of August.  I don't understand how Chris can feel totally fine just by living on a 200 calorie a day diet, he eats practically nothing! We travel pretty well together but I tend to become crabby at times when I haven't eaten anything.  It's not fair for him but I try to keep quiet as much as possible whenever I enter into that mood, until I get some food in me, then I'm happy again : ) 

I've visited Åarhus once before to meet Michael, he's a fantastic friend and tour guide. My bad mood dissipated once I got some food in my belly.  First Michael took us to his gym so we could work out, Chris and I participated in his core class, it was pretty good ! Afterwards we were on our way to visit the ARoS Aarhus Museum of Modern Art.  Michael just so happens to own three bicycles, so each of us got our own and we were soon riding around admiring all the classical Danish structures on the way to the ARoS Aarhus Museum of Modern Art. Wow, what a weird and eclectic modern art section they have! The classical art section was just as exquisite, but the modern art was definitely the most impressive.  Danish design rules!! 

After that we rode our bikes around town a little while longer, and eventually sat down to enjoy a couple beers.  

 

 

Travel Answers about Denmark

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.