Existing Member?

Europe or BUST I am going to Iceland for 21 days on a volunteer expedition in east Iceland, actually. I will be donating my time to do organic farming with my workcamp. After that I will be on my own to backpack around Europe. Feel free to send me messages !

Last night in Athens, Greece

GREECE | Sunday, 15 November 2009 | Views [659]

Alright hey, welcome.  I woke up especially early today to catch the breakfast served in the hotel eating area which was quite nice, very good.  But for another reason, I was hoping to catch the boys of ULVER up and eating as well.  Unfortunately they weren't there so Oscar and I had a bite to eat and just sat in silence for a while trying to wake up.  


We checked out around noon and sat in the lobby trying to figure out our travel plans.  We needed to leave Athens for the sake of our sanity, we can no longer stand to be around these goons any longer, and I'm talking about the civilians here.  So sitting there, comparing prices for flights to Italy was a long and dull process but we finally decided on an Easyjet flight to Rome, Italy for tomorrow afternoon. YAY !

Then lo and behold one of the guy's from the band emerges with a cup of coffee and sits down across from me.  Nonchalantly I greet him first, he introduces himself as Daniel (Moth Light band), I did the same, so did Oscar.  Daniel is a very nice guy, from London and he's now a member of ULVER.  Last night he handled piano and guitar duties on stage, did a great job of that as well.  We joke around for a bit, talking about the ghettoness of Athens and how we can't wait to leave this place, then we talk about music and bands we like. Great conversationalist, I'd like to be his friend in fact. 

Tor came down afterwards, said hello and introduced himself. He's more of the quiet shy type which is what I heard from some people that he's very much like that.  He didn't really talk to us, just walked around and looked confused more than ever.  I think perhaps he was waiting for the others to join him for the tour of the Acropolis. 

It was about time for Oscar and I to leave the hotel and look for a hostel some 15 minutes away by walking.  I gave Daniel a copy of my music and we left the place.  It was another gorgeous sunny day, I didn't expect anything less than that. 


So now we're here in the hostel, no desire to go outside or do anything right now. I just wish it were tomorrow already so we could leave this place. 

Good bye Athens, if I didnt' see you then I wouldn't have been able to see my band.

it's been real.

 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.