Existing Member?

Europe or BUST I am going to Iceland for 21 days on a volunteer expedition in east Iceland, actually. I will be donating my time to do organic farming with my workcamp. After that I will be on my own to backpack around Europe. Feel free to send me messages !

Day 1 - Edinburgh, Scotland

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 13 October 2009 | Views [620] | Comments [1]

Wow. Finally, I'm amongst my English speaking people.  I arrived last night around 9pm and searched around for my hostel which is located on Cockburn St.  Yes I chuckled to myself too.  This whole city is really quite medieval, reminding me of Boston in a way, and I'm a bit relieved to see some resemblance in this old old town.  

My hostel is huge.  My room has 12 bunks in it and to my surprise I am the only one sleeping in there ! I woke up this morning with nobody else in there except for me.  I'm happy about that because I was able to fit in a little mini Yoga session and stretch out for a bit. My body aches, my right hip kills me from all the walking and bearing of the weight from my bag.  (I had a serious hip injury a few years ago from doing lunges at a gym and it hasn't healed properly.)

So enough of the complaining.  I have a free walking tour to do soon and I'm excited to get to it.  It's only been a few hours since I've been awake but I can tell that I'm going to love this city very much.  I see from the map that it's quite small and I think spending just a week here will be quite fine with me. 

Also the transition from the Kroner to the British Pound is quite an adjustment.  Gotta pinch my pennies ! er...pencies.  heh.


Okay I'll return with more news later on. chow chow.

 

Comments

1

hey bro just found out how to get ahold of you sorry took so long trudy and brandon karysa are great we have been quite busy it is 11:27 AM AND WE AE GETTING READY TO MEET UP WITH YOUR MOM AND PEG well trudy says hi and she loves you and i love ya be careful and enjoy
may piece be with you and your friends

  john & trudy Oct 15, 2009 1:24 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.