Existing Member?

Notes from a Wandering Daydreamer Life as it should be...

i hate goodbyes....

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 4 May 2009 | Views [724]

well here i am, sitting in terminal 5 at heathrow, waiting for my flight to mumbai. in just under an hour the plane will push back from the stand, and my  life in the uk as i know it will sadly be over.

it has been a pretty emotional past few days. i never realised just how settled i had become here in the uk and edinburgh in particular until it came time to leave it all behind.

i wont be forgetting my last few nights in edinburgh any time soon. on thursday night went along to the beltane festival on carlton hill. or as most people called it "that hippy festival"... it was a great night and caught up with grace and a few other people i hadnt seen in ages. the weather was beautiful, the cider delicious and the crowed all very mellow and happy. we didnt pay too much attention to the perfrmace bit. all i remember is lots of drums, fire, dancing and semi nude people. fun fun. but the highlight of the night was cassy running out to the stage and jumping up on it inher search for grace. it caused a massive cheer to erupt from the crowd. but only cass would manage to sprain her ankle when juumping off the stage. injuring herself in front of thousands of people.

next night i got to say goodbye to everyone else, on one last night out on the town. byy the end of the night i had begun to get emotional was was a blubbering mess for at least 20min or so.

but that was juse a prelude to today. i never thought that leaving the uk would end up being harder than leaving oz almost 2 years ago.

the hardest part was leaviing, not knowing when i would see some people again.

the whole bus triip to the airport i was a a blubbering mess, despite gary's bbest efforts. and then after another farewell and very thorough security serch, as soon as the plane took off the waterworks began again.

and now here i am, moments away from perhaps one of the biggest changes possible. thismorning i woke up and had breakfast in trandy stockbride in edinburgh. tomorrow morning i'll be hahving breakfast in mumbai. wee bit of a change

time is up, farewell and more later from the road

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.