Existing Member?

Notes from a Wandering Daydreamer Life as it should be...

Ping Pong & Monkies

THAILAND | Thursday, 28 June 2007 | Views [480]

We got out of Bangkok today and saw some real Thailand. I'm a bit over Bangkok, it’s all just a bit too much. We caught a train to a town a few hours away that was full of monkies everywhere. It was pretty funny. Then it started to rain and we all got drenched. I'm only just drying out now. I don’t think that it was a real touristy town as we went for a walk down some back streets and we were getting a good staring at. They have racist dogs though! They kept baking at us all the time.

Nearly missed the last train back to Bangkok, it was pulling up just as I got to the station.

As for the ping pong...... well we went to Patpong, and after spending half an hour trying to run away from a guy trying to entice us to see something that apparently involved a girl and a chicken [how??????] we had a few more beers for courage and saw a show. The funniest viewing was not on stage, but what was happening around the place. the highlight though was the writing of a sign [use your imagination as to how.....] saying 'welcome to bangkok' which andy then got to keep.

flying to chiang mai tomorrow morning then starting makhampom on friday. looking forward to a change and to get away from bangkok again.

bloody tired after 3 massive days. going to go have a quiet one in my shoebox of a room.

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.