Existing Member?

Many Adventures of a Nomadic Poet A young poet with Asperger's makes travel his passion, and away he goes...

A Book Signing

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 17 April 2014 | Views [743]

As I sat at Patagonia Chocolates, I autographed a copy of My Journey: the World within My World for Anne and Massimo, a lovely couple whom I met in Napier a few weeks ago. Over a fabulous hot chocolate we shared stories as I talked about my book. This is how my past two weeks in Queenstown have been: signing books, busking, signing some more books, and sharing my story. It seems I've already made an indelible impression in the two weeks I've been here. I've walked into Fergburger with a stack of books in hand and customers notice, and they buy one straight away. Last week though was perhaps the most memorable: I went into the Cookie Time cookie bar and was quickly greeted by Vicki Onions (Sweet Onions would make a great stage name), the gorgeous Welsh manager. "What's the book?" she asked. Immediately I showed it to her and shared my story and she immediately bought one! The next day she called me up and asked to bring a signed copy for the CEO of Cookie Time. Their son has Asperger's and were immediately intrigued by my story. 

As the readers glance at stories from Ethiopia, Costa Rica, Fiji, and Turkey, just to name a few of the places mentioned, readers note how my book can be read cover to cover, yet it can be opened to just about any page and be read without having to read previous chapters. With the wondrous, gorgeous backdrop, Anne, Massimo, and I got a photo of us with my book in hand. 

The Lord of the Rings I then was! 

I could only fiddle around so much; I reckon I got a work to do!

About kiwiaoraki


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.