Existing Member?

Roving Wild Little adventures through this bea-U-tiful planet of ours :)

Lobac and Nuts Huts-Wayne

PHILIPPINES | Sunday, 6 July 2014 | Views [384]

Spent 3 great nights at Nuts Huts. Unbelievable jungle get away with a great laid bac k feel. Didn't dp too much for activities as Kirsten is preparing for her 6 week volunteer assignment in Tacloban so thought some downtime would be good. We did rent kayaks 2 nights ago and went firefly watching on the river which was awesome. Lots of fireflies around here and it was a really cool experience. Met Emil and Sarah from Denmark and both are great people that we had a lot of fun with. He just filmed filming Denmark's Survivor series in the Philippines while Sarah just finished University and signed on as a journalist for enmark's Teen Mom TV show. They really enlighteded us about Copenhagen and the Danish culture over many drinks and we did the same with them about Canada...did more laughing than anything else. Only saw one "big critter" which was a lizard that was about 3 ft long including the tail, it did not attack me which was great. Saw one huge flying beetle that was not well coordinated and it hit me in the back, Kirsten took a picture of it as did our Danish friends and I'm sure she'll post it later.

Walked up the Nuts Huts 277 steps for the last time this morning (with 75 lbs of backpacks) to the roadway where we got a 45 minute tricycle ride to Taglibaran. Then jumped a ferry are are now in Cebu city before I head to Manila tomorrow and then back home. Was a fantastic trip and will likely write my good and not so good summary points when i return home.

 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.