Existing Member?

My Way To capture every aspect of my journeys along the Caminos de Santiago. From planning to walking to home again, I want to record the feelings, insights, experiences and transformation that occur for me every step of The Way.

Random Thoughts

SPAIN | Monday, 23 September 2013 | Views [572] | Comments [7]

Hola Todos!

Wow! A whopping 40C today in Polla de Siero and yesterday, 35C! No complaining on my part, though, as I know most of you are living with much lower temperatures and only expect it to get colder! I am sending warm rays of sunshine your way! Generally, though, the mornings start off anywhere from 14C to 20C, so makes for lovely walking weather! The sound of cowbells (which can be found on, of course, cows, but also sheep, goats, donkeys and even horses) generally jingle off and on throughout our walks, the birds sing just for us, and there is always a fountain gushing with fresh spring water to be found just when we need it. We have been blessed with staying in some of the most charming and welcoming albergues, the beaches have been beautiful and clean, my skin is turning golden brown, and we are surrounded by lovely pilgrims (love to Valeri, Thomas, Pedro, Suzanne, Imke and Stephan!) who help to fill our afternoons and evenings with laughter and feasting...yes, the joy is flowing easily now!

The Full Moon was especially lovely. Up here in Asturias country the favourite drink is a tarte cider at only 4% alcohol and we drank!!! I taught the group a lovely full moon song our circle sings called ´Nyssa´and the sound of all our voices coming together under the pale glow of the moon was magical! I, and others, took turns singing other songs and we cheered and hugged and felt especially close for a little while. A very special time!

Today Juan and I turned off of the Camino Norte and onto the Primitivo way, which I´m told is an even more challenging route, but we are up for it! When once we could cover up to 6kms per hour on the Via de la Plata, we are lucky to travel 4kms per hour on this much more physically demanding journey. My body is thriving, though I did tweak my knee a little. I wrapped it for a few days, but now am simply taking good ole anti-inflammitories and, as always, applying Traumeel. No worries, all is well...

And so, how about you? Write me, talk to me, let me know how you are! Know I love each of you and think of you on this wondrous journey! Be well, walk with joy in your heart and a song at your lips!

Loving you!

Kim xo

PS sorry for the lack of photos, but uploading doesn´t always work so well from the libraries and public sites! Will post more when I can! xo

 

Tags: camino norte, camino primitivo, pilgrims

 

Comments

1

Kim. Glad to hear everything is going well. The visuals you are painting make me wish I was there!

  Troy Sep 24, 2013 4:50 AM

2

Hi!!! Wow, it all sounds so wonderful, by closing my eyes I can picture the beautiful landscape, hear the music of all of you singing and imagine sitting on the beach soaking in the sun's warmth. Makes the chill of the day disappear. Everyone here at home is doing marvellous and happy to hear from you. Take care, keep smiling and singing........Proud of You!!!! xoxoxoxo

  Mum Sep 24, 2013 6:30 AM

3

I've been asking with my heart a sign you are going well, and what should come into my inbox but this. So glad the universe is taking care of my beloved sister. I am well as I hope you are. No dates or diagnosis my way...you will be sure to be the first to know. Much love - N xo

  Nicole Vehrs Sep 24, 2013 6:39 AM

4

Good morning dear Kim
You were missed at the Sacred Healing Fire. We sent prayers to your feet and for your journey and sent prayers of gratitude for your Sacred Walk. The women's drum travelled to your Full Moon Circle. Timing is everything. Sharon gave the drum and our Diane a ride to the Circle and brought the Grandmother back.
WI love you dearly and send you a huge, love-filled hug!!!!!!

  Ila Sep 24, 2013 8:56 PM

5

Wonderful that you are having such a great time. I hope the weather stays beautiful for you. take care of your knee. Enjoy all the special sites that you will see. so nice to here you are doing well. Big Hugs!!


  Brian Sep 29, 2013 7:53 AM

6

Hello my amiga Randy,
The Fall colors are beautiful and the sunlight is golden. This is my favorite season of the year. Last Full moon ceremony in Guelph went very well. We even had a very beautiful baby join us, and she sang just as loud as the rest of us. I am looking forward to hosting and facilitating our ceremony in October. The last time I hosted was in October 2 years ago. That ceremony is still fresh in my mind and it's amazing to see all that has changed since then. I'm sure you'll be thinking of us as we will be thinking of you. I am getting stronger with every visit with my trainer. I am doing things I never thought possible. Running, lifting, squats, push-ups and dead-bugs ( I'll show you sometimes), etc. I am transforming into a happier, healthier and more confident me as I write you. I really feel like I am filling my cup. Speaking of cups, I think of you every time I drink from my Randy mug. Love you and can't wait to celebrate our reunion. Write me a post card next Full Moon?
Lovingly, Saffron xxoo

  saffron Oct 1, 2013 9:36 AM

7

Fall leaves changing and the beautiful reds, golden and yellows as I drive through the caledon hills. Thinking of you on these chilly wet days. as the Wheel turns and the season turns. new moon energy spins us into something new..scorpio stings but only to awaken us to what we need to re-member. picking up the members...scattered like the leaves swirling in the mini windstorms of the season..fool that I am..jumping off the cliff..into the void

  Janice Oct 7, 2013 2:37 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.