Existing Member?

Kim's Travelling Adventures!

Lots of Australia!

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 18 June 2008 | Views [537]

Oh my goodness I have so much to write and not so much time!  I will just put the main bits because alot has happened this last week.  I went to the Whitsunday Islands and stayed at the beautiful Long Island resort, and we got to see our first Aussie wildlife (besides the cockroach!), a wallaby!!!  We actually saw a mother and a little baby Wallaby just jumping around in the trees, it was so cute.  The next day Anne and I and some other people on our trip went on a day sail around the Whitsunday islands.  We got to go in a massive catamaran thing that could fit around 60 people.  It was so relaxing and we got morning tea, an AMAZING BBQ lunch and afternoon snacks!  We went to Whitehaven Beach which is one of the top 5 beaches in the entire world, the only way to see it is to go by boat during the day because you cant stay on that island at all.  The sand was totally white and the water was turquoise, it was beautiful!  The day was actually one of my favourite days of the trip so far.  The next day we just sat on the beach and tanned, and then the day after we went inland to a working Cattle farm.  These people have had the farm in their family for over 100 years and it is 26000 acres, which is mental!  They have a plane so they can fly over and see all their cows because its so massive.  They built a beautiful big area last year for the contiki groups that come through and we had an amazing home cooked meal (beef of course!) that night, and did some line dancing!  We also got to try and use a whip, which didnt work so well for me!  The next day we took off for Fraser Island, which is apparantly the biggest sand island in the world (although I didnt see the difference between this island and any other...oh well!) We stayed at Kingfisher Resort up ontop of a hill in little Eco lodges, there were about 5 rooms in each lodge sleeping 4 in each room, and then we had a kitchen and 2 bathrooms.  Very nice!  Although it was verrrrry cold at night!  During the day we got to go down to the main resort area and sit by the pool and at night we watched the most beautiful sunset and had an amazing pizza down by the water!  We also had a costume party where we had to dress as dynamic duos, so Anne and I went as Shampoo and Conditioner!  it was very fun, check out the photos.  Then we made out way down to Surfers Paradise via Noosa and Brisbane.  Surfers was amazing and I wish that we had more time there!  We were lucky enough to go to Draculas, which is so hard to describe but basically its a massive haunted house type place and there is a cabaret show and we get a 4 course meal served to us by crazy people dressed up in gothic clothes.  The show was incredible, it was really funny and there was lots of sinding and dancing, and the food was great too!  Unfortunately we couldnt take photos inside but I got a few while we waited outside.  While in surfers we sat by the beach and did some shopping, its such a beautiful area and very popular with the tourists, maybe I will go back there some day!  Today we went to the Currumbin Wildlife Centre, which was I think the highlight of the trip!  I got to hold a koala and feed kangaroos!  AHHHHH!  I got an amazing souvenier photo that I will show you all when I see you!  Ok I have to go but I will write again soon hopefully!

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.