Existing Member?

Kim's Travelling Adventures!

I just got to Tokyo!!

JAPAN | Monday, 12 May 2008 | Views [504]

Hi everyone!  I managed to get to Japan in one piece, and I even got to my hostel without too many troubles.  The plane trip was ok, I didnt sleep much so Im really tired right now.  Once we landed we had a 'Friendly Airline Limousine' (which was really a big bus) take us to the terminal where I found my bag and then the train station.  The poor man at train counter didn't understand me so I just showed him a picture of the hostel I was staying at and hoped that he would put me on the right train (there are at least 3-4 different train systems out of the Narita airport and they go to train and subway stations all over the place).  Luckily there was a nice man sitting on the train beside me that understood english and he told me where to go, and here I am at my hostel!  Its a really nice place with great facilities and there are lots of people around, once I can get into my room I think I will have a nap then walk around a little bit.  The one thing I have noticed so far is that these people have cell phones that look like they are from the future, my poor little pink motorola cell phone looks like its from the stone age in comparison!  And people can sleep while standing up, which is what I saw many people do on the train.  Thats all!  I will write again soon and get some photos up as well.  :)

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.